Master Class With Chef Dinesh Patel at Radisson Blu Agra
Agra is a city known for its mesmerizing history and the famous tale of love. Radisson Blu, Agra is a treat for the traveler’s soul. Recently, MasterChef India Season 5’s finalist Chef Dinesh Patel also known as the Dessert King was present in Radisson Blu, Agra and hosted a Masterclass which was a culinary escapade for everyone. Though his background is of law, Chef Dinesh Patel has followed his passion for baking and MasterChef India is one platform that was a huge stepping stone in his life.
At Radisson Blu, the chef prepared a two course meal for everyone present at the event. Here are the recipes of the two dishes:
#1 Agra Petha Savoury Salad
Agra Petha in the form of a salad is a bit bemusing right? Well, that was what we thought as well. To make the Agra Petha Savoury Salad here is what you need to do:
- Boil Agra Petha for a few minutes to dissolve sugar a bit. Chop it finely and caramelize it in butter until they are slightly crisp.
- Now, marinate the chicken. Make a few cuts here and there and then marinate it with masala. To make the masala you need chaat masala, yogurt, fresh coriander, dried coriander powder, red chili powder, green chili, garlic and garam masala. Keep the chicken aside for 15 minutes. Cook chicken in a pan till it turns charcoal grilled. In the same pan toss some sesame seeds and peanuts.
- Now, slice lemon, cucumber and onion and a French dressing made from black pepper, eggs, oil and French mustard.
- Once the above steps are done, it is time to assemble everything. First mix the sesame seeds and peanuts along with the juliennes of cucumber, sliced onions, lemons. Add extra fresh coriander, a pinch more of the chat masala, salt and black pepper to season.
- Shred the cooked chicken and mix it with assembled mixture. Add the sliced lemons, cucumber, onion and two spoons of the French dressing and mix thoroughly.
- While serving, garnish with coriander, lemon and edible flowers.
#2 Shahi Tukra Summer Pudding
There must always be room for dessert. Ice creams, pastries or Puddings. You can’t just give up on dessert. This Shahi Tukra Pudding will surely leave your mouth watering:
- Cut stale bread into triangles and fry it in salted butter till it turns golden brown. Dip the bread in a Chashni (sugar syrup) and leave it aside for a bit.
- Now to prepare the mousse, take 2 to 3 cups of whipped cream and add the same amount of rabri(without the milk) to it. Also add elaichi, nutmeg and sugar. Don’t get rid of the lumps of milk. Into the mousse, add nutmeg powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder and elaichi powder just for taste.
- To make the compote, you will be needing strawberries. Add 400grams of strawberry in 4 table spoons of water. Add a spoon of sugar and juice of half a lemon. Let the consistency be jammy but not dry at all.
- To assemble the dish, you will need a glass. Put mousse in the glass. Over this add the bread pieces. And then, finally the compote. Repeat and finish with mousse being the last.
- Garnish with pistachios and silver varakh.
Chef Dinesh Patel was extremely happy to be a part of the event as he loves meeting and cooking for new people. His unique techniques and combinations were enough to keep the guests glued.