On Page SEO Tips for Bloggers
SEO is really necessary whether you’re food blogger , fashion blogger , lifestyle blogger , Tech blogger or any other blogger. You accept it or not SEO is really important to drive traffic to your blog in your niche. Search engine traffic helps to bring in new visitors to your blog and that’s how your blog grows and converting them into your readers should be your aim. These are the simple On Page SEO tips for Bloggers I’m going to share with you. But before that I recommend you to install Yoast Plugin . Here is the link to download and Install Yoast Plugin : Install Yoast
5 On Page SEO Tips for Bloggers :
- Title : Whatever keyword that you’re trying to rank for – could be a phrase , could be a long-term keyword or could be a single word. It should have to be first or second word in your title. For example : If you’re aiming for a keyword “Gourmet” title could be like “Gourmet Pizza In Heaven” or “Gourmet Magazine: gourmet.com”. Along with your site title.Secondly, Your title characters should be between 40 and 65. Always use your title in heading 1 <h1> and heading 2 <h2> tags. You can select tags from here.
- Description: 98% of the google search results have a description. It helps to improve your rank and give a brief description about your post. Generally google add meta description automatically from the first paragraph. But it’s always good to add your own meta description. Now if you have installed the Yoast Plugin. You can add your meta description here. Don’t forget to add your focus keyword in your meta description.
- Images: It is very important to add images in your blog. Blog Posts with images generally get 95% more traffic. So they play an important role for SEO point of View. Alt attribute of your images adds value to SEO. It should have description of your image and your keyword. Don’t stuff your Alt attribute with lots of keyword. It may degrade your value. You can add alt tag by selecting the image. Like this : On Page SEO tips for BloggersReducing your image sizes also plays a vital role as it helps to improve your Page loading Speed. You can reduce size of your images by installing the plugin: Wp Smush It
- Robots meta tag: Assuming that you’re a blogger and a beginner. I’d recommend you to use Index and Follow. Since you’ve already installed the Yoast SEO plugin. It makes it very easy to manage robots meta tag. Selecting Index & Follow means you help the search spider to index your whole website which helps to improve your rank. For more information on Robots meta tag : Meta Name Tags
- Internal Linking: Mostly bloggers fails to link their blog posts internally. That’s the biggest mistake they do. Internal linking not only increases our blog page views but also help search engine spider to find our posts and improve the rank of blog posts. For internal linking you can use install the plugin.: Better Internal Link Search. You just have to install and activate the plugin. It will automatically interlink your related posts.
One more tip : Write blogs every day. Sites with new content daily have much better ranking. New content helps the search engine spider to visit your site daily. Comment below if you have any query or share your feedback if this blogpost of On Page SEO tips for Bloggers helped you.