Post-Holiday Detox Recipes
Holidays are full of sugar , booze and rich meals. Once you start it’s very difficult to control and you kill your diet plan after getting into the holiday spirit. But don’t you worry child we’ve got detox recipes for you from the talented chefs of Delhi 😉
1. Watermelon , Quinoa and feta cheese salad with mesclun leaves by Chef Vaibhav Bhargava (Sheraton Hotel , New Delhi)
Cooking Time : 30 mins
Portion : 1
post-holiday Detox Recipes
- 100gm Watermelon
- 100gm Cooked quinoa
- 30gm Feta cheese
- 20 gm Fresh berries
- 30 gm Micro greens
- 30 gm Iceberg
- 30 gm Green leafy
- 30 gm Asparagus blanched
- 30 gm Avocado
- 20 gm Sriracha sauce
- 40 gm Plum dressing
- 30 gm Mayonnaise
- 60 ml Rice vinegar
- 60 ml Salad oil
- 15 gm Sugar
- 5 ml Sesame oil
- 3 Umeboshi
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- Mix all the ingredients and keep in refrigerator for a week.
- Cook the quinoa as per direction written on the box.
- Cut the watermelon into small cubes.
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Clean all the leafy greens and wash them in clean water and then dry them in salad churner.
- Cut the asparagus and avocado and keep aside.
- Buy some fresh berries from the market and wash them and keep aside.
- Make the plum dressing as per recipe.
- Assemble the salad my mixing all ingredients together. Arrange the salad as per your imagination.
- Add the sauces on top for spiciness and creaminess.
- Serve cold.
2. Couscous Delight By Chef Sneha Saikia (Founder Of The Kitchen Espion)
- Couscous with apples
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sunflower seeds
- some basil leaves
- some lemon juice
- Soak couscous in orange juice for an hour.
- Juice will mix in couscous and it will be soft and fluffy.
- Chop the apples and cherry tomatoes.
- Tear basil leaves by hand.
- Mix all the above mentioned ingredients and dazzle it with little bit of lemon juice.
- I do not add oil in detox recipes.
- Serve chilled as a one pot meal.
3. Watermelon and Arugula Salad by Chef Pawan Bisht (Junglee Billee , New Delhi)
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 cups scooped watermelon
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon organic honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoon amaranth seeds
- ½ cup feta
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
post-holiday Detox Recipes
- Take a bowl and blend olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper thoroughly.
- Scoop watermelon and keep in the fridge to chill.
- Mean while in a mixing bowl add the dressing and the arugula. Toss it well.
- Place the dressed arugula in a plate along with the watermelon.
- Crumble the feta on top of the salad and garnish with the amaranth salad.
ALSO READ: 4 Juman Cocktail Recipes